We are a family friendly, patient centred, dental practice based at 152 Rushgreen Road, Lymm.
Our philosophy is that everyone is entitled to excellent dental care. We are dedicated to providing this high quality at competitive prices in a caring and professional environment. All our treatments are tailor-made to suit individuals and it is this personal approach which allows each patient to attain optimum dental health and confidence in their smile.
We welcome all new patients and look forward to meeting you.
Our core service is general dentistry but we do provide many advanced services so that we can provide a modern, comprehensive, dental service to our patients. We invest in new technologies to improve patient experience and make your dental treatment as quick and comfortable as possible...
We have several dental emergency appointments every day. We understand that dental pain can be very distressing and debilitating, that a missing crown can be embarrassing so we reserve appointments to deal with these problems. These appointments are available to or regular patients and also to new patients or casual patients...
Loose teeth can be painful and embarrassing. Here at Dental Care with Jill Cooper, our first priority is to find out why your teeth are loose and then to work with you to get a long term solution. To find out more about the services we offer please contact the practice to arrange a consultation.
Here at Jill Cooper Dental Care we use a range of clear orthodontic systems so that we can find the system that will work for you the best. We can use aligners or clear removable appliances to give you that smile you are looking for. Please contact the practice to make your free clear orthodontic consultation appointment.
Including refer a friend discounts, Six Month Smile Summer Special, and buy one get one free examination for new patients!
We have a friendly happy atmosphere in the practice that puts children at ease and we provide a colouring area and children’s magazines in case there is a small wait.
Nervous Patients are extremely welcome. We understand that many people find coming to the dentist difficult and we work with you to make your dental experience at Dental Care with Jill Cooper as pleasant as possible.
Missing teeth can affect our smile, affect are ability to eat and talk, they can disrupt our bite and cause other teeth to move making them more prone to dental decay because of food packing between teeth and also sometimes gum disease.
© Dental Care with Jill CooperPrivacy Notice for Children
We are open and seeing patients but our primary focus is keeping all patients and staff safe during the Covid 19 pandemic and as such, things have changed at the practice and the way we work has also changed.
During the practices closure we made many alterations to keep everybody safe.
1. We have fitted large fans to the surgeries to dramatically improve ventilation.
2. We have improved ventilation in the reception and fitted a virus filter.
3. We have removed all soft flooring and replaced with hard flooring which can be cleaned and disinfected easily.
4. We have fitted washing and drying facilities so that gowns etc can be laundered on site.
5. We have invested in respiratory protection for our staff.
6. We have fitted splatter screens in the reception.
7. We have fitted alcohol gel dispensers outside the practice and throughout the practice for everybody’s use. Please use these particularly before entering the building and when leaving the building.
To keep everybody safe the way we work has now changed.
We are complying with all government guidance and taking all necessary precautions to prevent the spread of Covid 19.
1. Hand gel is available throughout the practice.
2. Temperature checks of all staff and patients.
3. Covid-19 declarations by all staff and patients prior to entry to the practice.
4. Weekly testing of Staff for Covid 19 when test availability allows.
5. Face mask used throughout the practice.
6. All frequently touched areas are cleaned at least every 30 minutes.
7. All chairs and touched areas are cleaned in reception after patient use.
8. Extra cleaning between patients in the surgery.
9. Surgeries left for a Fallow period after any aerosol producing procedure followed by a full surgery clean down.
10. Respiratory protection for staff members.
11. Unfortunately, no access for patients to the toilet, as toilets have been implicated with Covid 19 spread.
12. No patients waiting in the reception unless absolutely necessary.
What this means for patients.
There is now a new patient journey which all patients should make themselves familiar with prior to their appointment. When you are reminded of your appointment you will be sent instructions and a link which will direct you to our patient portal. It is essential you are able to use this facility to update your medical history and covid status prior to attending. When you arrive at the practice you will need to log into the portal again to “check in.” This will alert the receptionist to your arrival outside and you will be messaged when to enter the building.
It has changed some of the treatments we now offer. We are advised to not use the ultrasonic scaler, so for the time being we are doing hand scale only. We have been advised that where possible fillings should be repaired rather than replaced to prevent the generation of aerosol, so you may be offered repair rather than replacement of a filling.
The capacity of the practice has decreased and as a result we have had to look at how to prioritise our time. The practice has the core value of improving our patient’s oral health and wellbeing. As a result, we have decided that we are no longer offering an emergency dental treatment only service or a scale and polish only service. We want to prioritise our time and emergency slots to regular attenders and patients committed to the practice. Regular patients will be offered the full range of dental treatments available at this time.
We realise some of these changes may seem difficult to adapt to but if we all work together it will soon become the new normal.